Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day Surprise

When I first booked our trip to Puerto Rico,  Mother’s Day never even crossed my mind.  I planned for Adam, Aiden and I flying down together, Adam returning a few days later and Aiden and I staying a bit longer after Adam’s departure.  After everything was booked, it was then that it hit me that Adam would not be with me for my first Mother’s day and although I was very happy to spend Mother’s Day together with my mother and son, I must admit I was sad to not have my husband present.  My husband promised me that he would make it up to me and that he would celebrate Mother’s  Day with me upon my return. 

After almost two weeks in Puerto Rico, I was ready to come home but I was not looking forward of going through the airport hassle with a three month all baby all alone. I was even more disillusioned when Adam told me he couldn't  pick me up at the airport and I was going to have to take a cab.  After a long day of traveling and lugging baby and luggage all by myself, I finally made it home, exhausted but relieved to be back. 

Imagine my surprise when I found this big note waiting for me right when I walked in the door. 

DSC_2129

DSC_2130

“Lissette, Since Adam couldn’t be here he asked me to make sure you are comfortable since you just flew all the way from “The Spooked Island” (For my Puerto Rican friends “la isla del espanto”). I’ve done my best to arrange the house for you. There are index cards around the house marking comfort items. I hope you can rest until Adam comes home to take care of you. I’ve done my best I can considering the lack of thumbs and how short in the pants I am. Love Wrinkles”.  Wrinkles is the dog in the pic. :) 

As I made my way through the house I found these:

DSC_2132

“Comfortable pants so you dont have to unpack to find some”

DSC_2156

On the couch I found these:

  • “Reading Materials” over a stack of new tabloid magazines. My guilty pleasure.
  • “Caution: it says it is intense” over my favorite chocolate.
  • “2 clean outfits, 1 blanket, 1 burp clothes” for Aiden so I dont have to search the house to change him after a long flight.
  • “Watch Tv – If  you want PPV, The Switch, How do you Know", or Morning Glory are new and sound like you might light them”. :) Movie listings
  • “Pizza in Freezer – Quattro Formagi with Chorizo and tomato basil sauce” – Dinner ready

As I made my way to the kitchen to make my pizza, this is what I found:

DSC_2134

  • “ Unlike Winger, Ratt, and Poison, these hairbands are new” on top of new hairbands since I had lost mine.
  • “Coasters not part of this – Just sitting here” – :)
  • “For your sniffles” on top of allergy medicine since I had been miserable with allergies during my entire trip.
  • “new soda” – over a case of caffeine free soda so I dont make our child crazy when I breast feed. :)
  • “2 cans in fridge” :)

I then continued to the counter in order to make the pizza and found these:

DSC_2135

  • “Probably not 100% natural nor organic (10% real tiger")” over a Tigger marshmallow pop.
  • “100% Natural, 95% organic. Must be 5% Unicorn and Leprechaun” over a new lip balm. Gotta love my husbands sense of humor.
  • “how do Pringles climb the ladder” = :)

He also left me everything ready for my pizza:

DSC_2136

Cooking instructions for my pizza

DSC_2137

Wax paper on the cutting board for the pizza and a Chinese take out menu in case I didnt want pizza.

DSC_2138

Everything I need to make the frozen pizza he actually made for me with real pizza dough. 

DSC_2139

He even left me an extra napkin out since I have a tendency to always stain my shirt. :)

I then made my way up the stairs to change and found these:

DSC_2140

I wonder what happens Wednesday.

DSC_2141

Dinner and theater. :)

DSC_2142

Yay! I am getting an IPhone!

DSC_2143

Maceo Parker and Spa day….can it possibly get better?

DSC_2144

The gift of the arts. :)

DSC_2145

Adam and I spend a lot of time together. We call it “togetherness” as a joke. :)

I just learned how to play Risk. :)

DSC_2146

Addictive little game.

DSC_2147

Love me some United States of Tara!

DSC_2148

He didnt watch any of our recorded shows so we can watch them together. :)

and…

I can finally make it to one of my high school reunions or maybe to one of my old friends holiday parties! I haven't been to one since I left PR over 10 years ago. :)

DSC_2149 

Yay!!! New nightstands!!! I hate my nightstands right now.

OH MY GOD…any new mother knows how valuable this other coupon is…

DSC_2150

These don’t even need an explanation.

DSC_2151

Have you seen my car????? 

I wonder where we should go on vacation next. Maybe I will do one of those Disney cruises my friend Kerry keeps talking to me about.

DSC_2152

Yay! I think I have him convinced to build our next home. 

Anybody that knows me knows that while I was taking all of these pictures, I was crying because I was so touched.  This one really did it for me.

DSC_2153

Mandy I have babysitter and a Nail coupon…you down for Wednesday???

I have never seen the Nationals play in the new stadium.  :)

DSC_2154

:) He cracks me up.

DSC_2155

He even left stuff ready so I can feed Aiden.

Words cannot express how truly lucky I feel to have a hubby that would spend hours planning this for me. I came home, put on  my comfy new pants, baked my personal pizza and sat on the couch to relax, all with no effort. 

Thank you Adam…you never cease to amaze me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!