Monday, November 1, 2010

Home Remedy #1 - Treating a burn with an egg white


So the other day I was following a recipe that called for a pan to be transferred from stove to oven back to stove. Unfortunately, I forgot the pan had been in the oven and lifted it by the handle with my bare hand.  Ouch!  

Thankfully I remembered my mom telling me that egg whites are one of the most effective natural cures for treating burns.  Just soak or coat affected area in egg white. While the egg is still wet, you will feel no pain from the burn.  This method not only alleviates the pain, but it can help heal and prevent scarring from the burn.  It is important to note that this home remedy should only be used for minor burns.  More Severe burns should be attended to by a physician.  

Thanks to Mom and a good old egg, my skin didn't blister, the Calphalon logo is not embedded on my hand, and dinner was still a success.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!