Sunday, November 14, 2010

Glimpses of Autumn

Words nor pictures can explain the beauty of Autumn in Northern Virginia.  As I watch the trees change color and the scurrying of leaves across the ground, I am reminded of how the seasons of nature are so similar to our lives.  Fall reminds me that nothing in life is permanent and that I too can let go of things that have been a burden in my life.  


I am grateful that even through my busy and hectic day, I still remember to stop and catch the beauty of Fall.  


 "No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace, As I have seen in one Autumnal face." -   John Donne


Neighborhood tree that greets me when I come home


 "Then summer fades and passes and October comes.  We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure."-   Thomas Wolfe





"I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show." -   Andrew Wyeth


 If you lucky to live in a place visited by Fall, take a moment and admire it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!